Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The First Day of Summer

And probably also the last. Today, September 7th, 2011, marks the first and only day of the year where it will be warm enough to wear shorts after dark. Oh, Bay Area summer. Why must you be so fickle?

I keep trying to explain local seasons to my coworkers, none of whom are Bay Areans (have I mentioned lately how unfortunate that moniker is?), but they seem to have some sort of mental block, so I've made this handy dandy graph. Please enjoy.


Apologies for the rough* sketch. In a perfect world, the peaks and valleys would be more distinct. The biggest weather-related question I get is some variation of "How can it be raining right now?! It was like 95° yesterday!" It just is, okay? It. Just. Is.

Happy last day of summer, everyone!

*My editor brain is super pissed that only one of the labels on the y-axis has a period. Consistency fail. Laziness win.







1 comment:

  1. Looks like a pretty accurate graph, but I feel like weather is still more stable here than it is in the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete