Thursday, January 27, 2011

Born to Run

Yeah, that title has absolutely nothing to do with anything; it was just the answer to a pub quiz question from the other night. That's right! I've finally found people who enjoy pub quiz! They're not supergeniuses or anything (not that I lump myself into that category either), but they're cool. Meetup comes through again!

Anyway, I told myself I was going to try and post here more often now that the calendar's rolled over to 2011. I don't know if the content will be any better, but at least more frequent posts will mean shorter posts. That's good, right?

I've discovered in my...nine days as an editor that lists are good. Let's stick with lists.
  1. I've been to the cubes! Well, I've been past the cubes in search of the printer. That counts, right? I am starting to learn people's names, though. Kind of. They all start with "D," so it's super confusing.

  2. I have a key! It's not technically mine - the picture on it is a thirty-something Asian lady - but I have one and I don't get locked out anymore! Couldn't have come at a better time because I've become the absent-minded professor over here. They say that multitasking actually makes you less efficient overall, and I'd definitely have to concur.

    From the Daily Mail: The human brain doesn’t multi-task like an expert juggler; it switches frantically between tasks like a bad amateur plate-spinner. True that.

  3. I just bought a fancy schmancy new laptop bag so I don't kill my computer on the commute to work. Now I just need a headlight and I'll be good to go for epic bike riding. Well, it won't be that epic. Five miles round trip, I believe. And I have two steadfast rules: (1) no spandex, and (2) no reflective pant-leg-holder thingies.
There's plenty more, but I think I'm wandering into snoozapalooza again.

One last thing before I head off, though: a poll. Do you guys enjoy living vicariously through me as I work my way up the corporate ladder, or would you prefer I stick with less day-to-day and more "hilarity ensues"?

2 comments:

  1. A little of both please...and can I also put in a request for reflective pant-leg-holder thingies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not unless you're requesting that I buy you some.

    ReplyDelete